Monday – Friday: 12.00 – 20.00
Saturday – Sunday: 11.00 – 17.00
Public holidays: 11.00 - 17.00
The time slots for registration are activated two days in advance from 12 noon. Earlier reservations are not possible.
Here you can register for a Covid-19 test at the Solothurn Rapid Test Centre. Please fill in all required fields truthfully.The following criteria must be fulfilled to be approved for a rapid test:
- Your symptoms have been present for a maximum of 4 days (common symptoms: respiratory illness symptoms, high temperature, loss of sense and /or smell. Other possible symptoms: headache, feeling unwell, aching muscles, gastrointestinal symptoms, head cold, skin rash. Overview of all symptoms).
- OR you are currently in prescribed quarantine and have not had any sort of contact for at least 5 days.
- You are not a person with an especially high risk (BAG according to FOPH criteria)
- You do not work in healthcare with patients
- You have been vaccinated once and would like to undergo a free preventive test (obligation to provide evidence by means of vaccination confirmation on site)
- You cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons and would like to undergo a free preventive test (on-site evidence by means of a referring certificate from a doctor)
- You are under 16 and would like to take a free preventative test
- You would like to visit a hospital, retirement home or other social medical institution and undergo a free preventive test (no certificates will be issued for this)
- You have received a message from the Swiss Covid app
- You were instructed by the canton medical service
- You were in a positive test pool
The costs are borne by the Federal Government.
- You pay for the test yourself (costs: CHF 37.00 / for certificate, travel confirmation, employer or at your own request)
Info on issuing certificates:
In principle, no certificate is issued for any of the free tests offered. If you have been vaccinated once, cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or are under 16 years of age, you can have your certificate activated free of charge at the test station on site. There is a burden of proof by means of an official vaccination certificate (for people who have been vaccinated once) or a medical certificate for people who cannot be vaccinated.
If you plan on traveling, please make sure that the antigen rapid test carried out here will suffice for entering your travel destination and/or for transfer. It is on your own responsibility to inform yourself beforehand about entry regulations for your travel destination. In any case, a test confirmation will be issued in German and English.
The following persons will not be tested:
- Children under the age of 6
- Immunosuppressed people
- High-risk patients (high blood pressure, diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, chronic kidney disease, chronic respiratory diseases) not yet adjusted to therapy
- Pregnant women
- Recent surgical interventions in nasal/paranasal areas
- Recent traumas to the nose
Please note: After your successful registration you will receive a time window of 1 hour. Please arrive at check-in on time at the start of your time window or within the first 30 minutes at the very least. After that we can no longer guarantee admission. There may still be considerable waiting times on site, depending on how many people have signed up for the particular time window and whether or not the maximum number of people for the time window was reached.
Please note: After your successful registration you will receive a time window of 30 minutes. Please arrive at check-in on time at the start of your time window or within the first 15 minutes at the very least. After that we can no longer guarantee admission. There may still be considerable waiting times on site, depending on how many people have signed up for the particular time window and whether or not the maximum number of people for the time window was reached.
Driving directions to the Solothurn Rapid Test Centre:
From autobahn (direction Biel/Solothurn): exit Solothurn West, keep driving in direction of Solothurn-Nord/Zentrum Weststadt, drive toward Grabackerstrasse (traffic lights) and follow the signs from there.
From main street: Bielstrasse, Jumbo-roundabout, through Gibelin-tunnel, drive toward Grabackerstrasse (traffic lights) and follow the signs from there.
Please note: The drive-in test centre is accessible only by vehicles with a maximum height of 2.2 m. A maximum of 4 people can be tested per vehicle (each person to be tested must sit directly at a window).
Each person to be tested must register individually. Registration for groups is not possible.
Testing procedure (drive-in):
- You will be tested for the coronavirus while sitting in your car by means of a rapid test. After giving the sample, please return home immediately. You will receive the result of your test within the next hour by text message.
Testing procedure (walk-in):
- You will be tested for the coronavirus on site while sitting on a chair by means of a rapid test. After giving the sample, please return home immediately, either by foot or bicycle. You will receive the result of your test within the next hour by text message.